The materials we typically manufacture our springs and wire forms from are:
- Hard Drawn Spring Wire- A popular spring wire for commercial mechanical applications, it is a medium carbon, cold drawn wire.
- Galvanized Hard Drawn Spring Wire- Hard drawn wire that has been pre-coated/galvanized; no need for plating. It is good for spring designs that will have a high propensity to tangle or are delicate as the plating process is a bulk operation. Rack plating is an alternate but will be more expensive.
- Music Spring Wire- A tough material with a high tensile strength that can withstand higher stress under repeated loading than other materials. It has an excellent fatigue life and can be plated after forming.
- Galvanized Music Spring Wire- Music wire that has been pre-coated/galvanized; no need for plating. It is good for spring designs that will have a high propensity to tangle or are delicate as the plating process is a bulk operation. Rack plating is an alternate, but will be more expensive.
- Oil Tempered Spring Wire- Cold drawn and heat treated before coiling. Subject to hydrogen embrittlement if plated.
- Stainless Steel Spring Wire- A general purpose spring wire with good tensile strength and high corrosion resistance.
- Phos Bronze Spring Wire- The most popular copper-based wire, providing good corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity.
- Beryllium Copper Spring Wire- Good corrosion resistance and electric conductivity.
- Chrome Vanadium Spring Wire- Cold drawn and heat treated before fabrication. Suited for high stresses and loads.
- Chrome Silicon Spring Wire- Cold drawn and heat treated before fabrication. Used for applications that are exposed to considerable shock and extreme heat.
|High Carbon Wire||Hard Drawn Class I
Hard Drawn Class II
Oil Tempered Class I
Oil Tempered Class II
|Low Carbon Wire||C1006-C1008 Basic|
|Stainless||Stainless Type 302/304 soap
Stainless Type 302/304 nickel coat
Stainless Type 316 soap
Stainless Type 316 nickel coat
Stainless Type 17/7 Ph Soap
Stainless Type 17/7 Nickel
|Non Ferrous Alloys||Phos Bronze
|High Strength Alloys||Chrome Vanadium
Chrome Silicon Commercial
Chrome Silicon High Tensile
The Chicagoland area has ample wire warehouses and availability of most wire. Patrick has long term relationships with them and are economizes on frequently used sizes to offer the best part cost to our customers.